Tickets for induction ceremony must be purchased by Sept. 18
2012 Hall of Honor Inductees
Five inductees have been selected as the 2012 members of the Moorhead High School Hall of Honor. They are Benjamin Dille, Dorothy A. Dodds, Bob Paulson, Lloyd W. Paulson and Steve Wonderlich.
• Benjamin Dille, a 1978 Moorhead High School graduate and National Merit Scholar, was accepted into the U.S. Department of State’s Foreign Service in 1991, serving in posts in Venezuela, Mexico, Shanghai, Nicaragua, Washington, D.C., The Czech Republic and Iraq.
• Dorothy A. Dodds, a 1941 Moorhead High School graduate, is a lifelong educator who taught kindergarten at Moorhead State Campus School from 1949-1972 and then taught in Minnesota State University Moorhead’s education department until her retirement in 1986. She was a founding member of Moorhead Healthy Community Initiative.
• Bob Paulson, a 1970 Moorhead High School graduate, has worked at The Nature Conservancy in Rapid City, S.D., since 1996, serving as Western Dakotas Program Director since January 2008 to preserve the ecosystems of the region. Paulson created Whitney Preserve, which conserves more than 17,000 acres, and he negotiated the acquisition of three Conata Basin ranches on 32,000 acres of private and public land, enhancing endangered black-footed ferret habitat while providing grazing income.
• Lloyd W. Paulson, a Parkers Prairie, Minn., native, is a generous supporter of youth and the community. Paulson and his wife helped found the Moorhead Area Education Foundation, which has provided 1,389 Moorhead High graduates with $1,127,950 in scholarships since 1992. Paulson has also supported Moorhead Kiwanis, River Keepers, Scandinavian Hjemkomst Festival, Nordic Culture Clubs, and the Historical and Cultural Society of Clay County.
• Steve Wonderlich, a 1974 Moorhead High School graduate, is a Chester Fritz Distinguished Professor in the Department of Clinical Neuroscience at University of North Dakota School of Medicine, Grand Forks, director of clinical research at the Neuropsychiatric Research Institute, Fargo, and chair of the Department of Eating Disorders for Sanford Health, Fargo.
About the Hall of Honor
The Moorhead High School Hall of Honor recognizes alumni, faculty, staff and other community members who have demonstrated notable accomplishments or provided significant contributions to their school, community or society.
Alumni are recognized for their outstanding accomplishments while at Moorhead High School as well as achievements following graduation. Alumni may not be considered for nomination until ten years following their graduation from Moorhead High School.
Faculty, staff and other community members are recognized for their contributions to Moorhead High School. Individuals may not be current employees of the school district and may not be considered for nomination until five years following their completion of employment with the district.
The nominations committee is now considering candidates for 2013. Nominations are continuously accepted for the Hall of Honor. Nomination forms are available on the Moorhead School District’s website at www.moorhead.k12.mn.us or at Moorhead High School, 2300 4th Ave. S., Moorhead, MN 56560. Nominations also may be submitted online. Nominations previously received are kept to be considered for future recognition.
A committee reviews nominations and conducts research of records to select outstanding candidates for the Moorhead High School Hall of Honor.
Each year inductees to the Moorhead High School Hall of Honor are recognized at an induction ceremony.
Corporate sponsors for the Moorhead High School Hall of Honor are State Bank & Trust, Moorhead Public Service and Gate City Bank.